Monday, March 11, 2013

Technology: Introduction

I am a technology enthusiast, spending much of my leisure reading time on tech sites such as CNET and Droid-Life. Considering how I wanted to spend my first summer in college, I thought about seeking a tech position at Student Life camps. I was hired on as a production assistant for the summer of 2009. That summer I gained experience operating Pro Presenter for displaying graphics/lyrics. The following summer, 2010, I was hired as a video director directing three live cameras. I returned for a two week contract in 2012 spending one week as an on-stage camera operator and one week as a video director. These weeks shaped my technology interest and allowed me to become involved at Journey Church, where I am a volunteer graphics operator in Pro Presenter 5 for Lifestream (college worship) and, occasionally, the main services. I aim to use my talents in understanding/using technology for serving God with excellence.