Monday, March 11, 2013

Sports: Introduction

While living in many states and cities throughout my childhood, I developed a fanhood for a diverse set of sports teams throughout the Central U.S. The teams below are listed in order. I have lived in each city or state and have been following the teams for many years (i.e. not a bandwagon fan).

Oklahoma Sooners Dallas Cowboys Dallas Mavericks St. Louis Cardinals Dallas Stars
Tennessee Titans Oklahoma City Thunder Texas Rangers St. Louis Blues

St. Louis Rams San Antonio Spurs Houston Astros Nashville Predators

Houston Texans Houston Rockets



I have enjoyed the thrill of a championship victory four times since I truly started watching and enjoying sports (after 1998):



1999 - Dallas Stars
2006 - St. Louis Cardinals
2011 - Dallas Mavericks
2011 - St. Louis Cardinals
(Note: OU's 2000 National Championship was won prior to my becoming a Sooners fan)